Blogging is a great way to share our thoughts and ideas with a larger audience. It is also a way for us to improve our writing and keyboarding skills. As we start blogging we are learning about appropriate online behaviors in an authentic and supervised setting.
It is especially important that we are Kind, Safe and Responsible with our posts and comments. Remember Cougars are:
- Be respectful, supportive, and polite.
- If you think your post might offend someone then don’t post it.
- Contribute to what others have said with constructive comments or questions, not just “great job.”
- Be open to others opinions, but also justify and defend your own opinions.
- First names only
- Parents should not use last names either.
Incorrect: Jane Smith / Correct: Jane (Timmy’s mom)
- You may post writing, art, videos, projects.
- You may not post identifying information like your last name, address, phone number, e-mail, date of birth, or personal photos.
- Comments must be approved by Mr. Helpern. (No inappropriate comments)
- Parent’s should check student comments that are being made at home.
- Commenting on other students’ work or other classes’ blogs is encouraged.
- Stay on topic and make your writing worth reading.
- Use full sentences. (No txt talk)
- Proof-read your writing, checking for capitalization, organization, punctuation, and spelling. (C.O.P.S.)
- Do not use others work, images, videos, or music without permission.
Thank you to the following classes for their ideas on creating blogging guidelines: