The Bows And Arrows

The Bow and Arrows

*SLAM* went the door as I entered my cousins home. My 3rd oldest cousin (Tobi) greeted me, along with my youngest cousin (Syd).It was just a couple days after Christmas, so of course I asked what they had gotten for Christmas. One gift caught my attention out of all them, Tobi had gotten a wooden bow and arrow! She picked up the bow and arrows up from the couch. “Wanna see it?” Tobi asked. I replied saying “Sure?” She adjusted the pillows on the couch to make a target for her to hit. She backed up, put the bow to her shoulder, drew the arrow from the box it was in, fit the arrow, and pulled back on the bow’s string. Suddenly Naomi, My 2nd oldest cousin called out, “You guys should go into the backyard to shoot the bow and arrows!” We all agreed and went to the backyard.

The backyard was a perfect spot to shoot the arrows but, there wasn’t many things to shoot. We ended up shooting at a old tree. Tobi was gonna show me and Syd how to shoot the bow and arrow. Tobi did the same thing she had done before. This time though she actually shot the arrow. It hit the tree and bounced off. She turned to face me “Okay, Dani wanna try?” “Mhmm!” I walked up to her and she handed me the bow. I got an arrow and looked at it. The arrows were mostly wooden, except that they had a plastic tip. They were also a little bent. I tried to do the same thing Tobi did. I shot the arrow. The arrow didn’t go very far, it landed about a foot away from me. I laughed, Tobi laughed, We all laughed. Tobi went again and then me… Over again and again. (Syd went inside since she was bored) Tobi corrected me to help me get better at shooting the bow.

It was my turn again, I did the things Tobi did before. Nearly done with the box of arrows.I focused. And let go of the arrow. “Yes!!! That’s the most far my arrows have gone!” The arrow was halfway to the tree! Tobi congratulated me. “Woah, nice!” She went to go plant the arrow in the ground. “To see improvement” She asked if it could be her turn. I agreed. It was starting to hurt my hand anyways. She grabbed the arrows, (Not the one she planted in the ground though) I handed her the bow. She did the same things that she had done before. Letting go of the arrow, it bounced off the tree and into the neighbor’s backyard! *GASP* We laughed for about a second. Then went inside since there was no getting that one arrow back.