Trick-Or-Treat

Sarah (Star is her nickname) was trick-or-treating with her older sister, and her older sister’s friends. Her sister was not scared of anything. Her friends too! Star wasn’t one to straight out admit she was a big chicken. She hated Halloween. She had all ways been scared by someone, something,or somewhere. Even a pine-cone scared her one year, “I thought it was an alien coming to eat me!”, “It was on the ground, not moving and not even some sort of a Halloween decoration. .” “Oh… BUT IT  STILL SCARED ME!!”. She hasn’t heard the end of it. This year she didn’t want to go trick-or-treating, but she was forced to by her big,older,jerk of a sister.

Star wanted to feel a bit safer so she took her favorite stuffed animal along with her, Rainbow the Star. (Her sister laughed hard at her when she heard this) After going out for a while, Star was actually starting to feel more comfortable trick-or-treating. Her sister noticed this too. She wasn’t gonna have it. “Hey… Star? Can I see Rainbow? Just to make sure she is fine..?” Star replied eager to get to the next house, “Yeah sure!” She threw the stuffed star at her sister and went to the house she was eager to get to. Her sister laughed a bit and faked a tripping scene. “OOPS” She threw the stuffed star in to a old house’s balcony. (She wanted to play it safe in case Star, turned and saw her just chuck the star into its doom. She would get in trouble then!) Star came back, jumping with joy since she got a “Super Triple Deluxe Chocolate Nutty Bar Mini” Star looked around, almost looking like she was lost. “Wheres Rainbow?!” “I *Accidentally* tripped and lost Rainbow!!” Star could hear how her sister pronounced accidentally. “YOU BIG JERK!!!, I’M TELLING MOMMY AND DADDY AND EVERYONE.” “Fine. You go do that you big tattletale. I’m not helping you get rainbow back!” Star grabbed the flashlight out of one of her sisters friends and marched into the old house.

“Oh mommy and daddy are gonna ground her!!!” Star grumbled. She walked on up to the front doors. “Wait a second… Where is rainbow?!” Star realized. She looked around and saw Rainbow chilling out on the upstairs balcony. Star groaned. She walked in expecting to be killed in the first step in. “Here goes nothing…” Star walked in. She screamed and everything went black.

Star realized she wasn’t dead. But it was a bit hard to breathe. She opened her eyes after feeling the cold ground

One thought on “Trick-Or-Treat

1. Hi Daniela,

Fantastic story! It as very creative. You described everything really well. It built the tension terrifically.

From Milly