Koala wonder world

Adriana

Photo credit: Adriana

Photo credit: Adriana

Photo credit: Adriana

There is something about koalas that has always captured my attention, ever since I was a little girl. They have been my favorite type of animal because they appear to be fluffy and very cuddly. Koalas are originally found in Australia. They have adapted to warm temperatures allowing them to overpopulate over the years.  Their diet consists of  mostly leaves but they do have a favorite type of leaf, called Eucalypt Leaves. In order to stay healthy they eat a lot of Eucalypt Leaves a  everyday. Koalas are adorable because they are the perfect size, its not to big nor to small.  It’s funny how the name koala means “no drink ” because they rarely drink anything,  most of the fluid they drink comes from the leaves of the Eucalypt plant.

Although koalas live in Australia they are mostly found in South Australia. Something that koalas and kangaroos have in common is that their baby’s are called joeys, they also have pouches that keep their babies from harm. During one pregnancy a mother koala can have up to six joeys. Koalas stay and create their homes on high trees to protect themselves from predators  that may attack and harm them. For example a predator who’s always on the look out for Koalas is the Dingo which is an Australian wild dog. So it is very important for Koalas to avoid danger, since there are many predators.

Koalas are very cute and impressive, they stand out and are simply unique. If I had one wish, I would ask for Koala as a pet. Recently there they are facing many problems one would be that they are losing their homes. Due to people cutting down the trees for different uses. This then is a problem for the koalas because they lose their home and their supply of food.  Without the trees it makes it harder for Koalas to live without facing any problems. It is very unfortunate that the Koalas are facing unfortunate events and their number can soon decrease.

Kids.nationalgeographic.com/animals/koala

www.savethekoalas.com/about-koalas/interesting-facts

One thought on “Koala wonder world

1. Hi Adriana

I noticed your Kola post when checking the latest posts being published on Edublogs and though you might enjoy checking out a school blog set up entirely to document the Kola population that lives around their school.

Kolas at Soldiers Point Primary school has lots of photos and information on their kolas – http://mrsegan22.edublogs.org/

Sue Waters
    Support Manager
    Edublogs | CampusPress